cutest blog on the block

Sunday 5 June 2011

Allsorts Challenge

Here is my entry for this weeks Allsorts Challenge which was to make a card that is "All White" I've seen a lot of cards that are plain white and I've always wanted to try it so now I've finally done it. I wanted to keep it quite plain as I thought the simplicity of the colour needed to speak for itself.




I used plain white pearlescent card for the base and the embossed part, the ribbon and gem are from my stash and the sentiment is an Anna Griffin stamp which I stamped in black then heat embossed it with White Pearl embossing powder from Powder Arts. I got the powder from a Craft Fayre and I love it, it is definitely my product of the moment, it almost transforms the colour of the ink to something much softer which is why I used it on this card as I feel the soft grey works really well with the plain white.


I loved doing this card so much I made another straight away ha ha!


Hope you like them


Wendy


:-)

4 comments:

Louise said...

I LOVE these cards - they look so sophisticated :)

coops said...

wow, fantastic cards, they look so elegant and stylish :D

xx coops xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Wendy wow these would make great wedding invitations what a great layout!

Thanks for joining in our all white challenge this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Vicky said...

Lovely cards Wendy - really special, hope your album is coming along. I haven't even started page 2 yet. :)x